All most all the girls dreams of her wedding. Most of the time, she even go into details too like which colour she will wear, what kind of an attire and etc. This guide is to help the brides-to-be who would want to work with a small budget.
1. First of all decide, how many guests from both sides you are going to invite.
2. Then decide the type of ceremony. (poruwa/ church/ Hindu/ Islamic)
3. Depending on the number of pax, choose a wedding reception venue.
Since you are on a tight budget, you can opt for a package that gives decors, cake structure and ashtaka (if applicable).
4. Beautician - Don't choose someone who dresses more than 1 bride a day. After all, for the price you pay, he/ she needs to have a proper focus on you.
5. Wedding saree/ dress - It is wise to choose a colour that you can wear for other weddings as well. At least you get to wear the jacket later. Just don't make it another once worn dress for rent type.
6. It is better if you wear the same costume throughout the day. Otherwise it will cost you more time & money.
7. With regards to groom's attire- full suit is most suited for your budget as well as a great option for other weddings.
8. Makesure the bride and the groom are the main focus and avoid a retinue.
9. Entertainment - A band suits all most all generations as opposed to a DJ.
10. Photography - For one day functions its better to choose a vendor who does quality work even it comes without pre-shoot rather than going for a package wth preshoot, wedding, homecoming.
11. Wedding favours - Just to cut costs, its not nice to opt for dateless rich cakes. Better yet, you can opt for brownies of another alternative.
12. If possible, try to get some help with your friends/ relatives regarfing vehicles.
13. Jewellery- The best thing is opting for gold jewellery. Because rather than spending on synthetic/ costume jewellery, it is wise to invest in Gold.
14. Shoes - Buy/ get a custom shoe done that you can wear for future too.
15. Bouquet - Fresh bouquets are nice, but if your budget does't permit- go for artificial ones..